Friday, October 12, 2012

My First Golf Bag

Author's Note~ This is a personal narrative about my favorite birthday present.  


There has been a history in my family of wrapping presents awkwardly such as molding a gift card in cement or freezing scramble pieces to tell the person receiving the gift where it is.  During the party for my 10th birthday, I knew I  was in for one strange gift.  Now most people who would wrap a golf bag would just keep it in the box, wouldn’t they?  Not in my case my mom decided to wrap it in 10 layers of duct tape!  Having no idea what the present was I figured I was in for a humongous surprise.

First off my mom said I could only use a cuticle scissors to cut any tape off; that didn’t work.  Realizing that would take me forever I decided to just pull it all off.  After ten minutes I had no idea what the present was yet!  I was getting frustrated and really mad.  All I could think of is why would someone put me in such torture to open up a birthday present?  

Eventually my gift ended up being a golf bag.  I was really excited, so was my mom and aunt the only other people still in the room.  After I unwrapped the present there was a feeling in me that this present was going to be one of my favorites; will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment