Sunday, November 25, 2012

A letter to you


 Author's Note~ This is a letter to the main character from The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe, showing my understanding of character development.


Dear Kaelyn,

I am Johnny Mills, a 16 year old high school sports star.  I recently read the book The way we Fall by Megan Crewe and you stood out of all the characters in the book as most influencing.  You started out as a selfish girl and I was a selfish guy to.   I would say the way you inspired me, you could inspire anybody.

Inspiration can alter people’s lives, as it is a very powerful thing.  You inspired such as Lina, the main character in the book The City of Ember by Jeanne DePrau.  Lina saved her city and I think you helped save your city as well.  Change is powerful and you definitely saved me Kaelyn,

In the book I read and read until my eyes couldn’t handle reading any more.  You said “Doesn’t this feel great?”.    I could feel myself change as well such as picking up a freshman’s books  when they fell o the floor.  Or I would help out other kids that didn’t understand .  And how I felt when I left school that day, This is great.

Thanks is all I could say, inspiration is a gift and I received it from reading the book The Way we Fall.

Thanks,
Johnny Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment